How do we ship in winter?!
We ship with Canada Post *Expedited (Up to 7 business day delivery), *Xpress post (2 business day delivery) & *Priority (Next day delivery).
How do we pack shipments with live plants in the winter months?
We pack packages as carefully as possible.
- Single layered Cardboard boxes
- Plants are bagged and sealed in a plastic bag
- Each plant is individually wrapped in newsprint paper
- A heat pack (up to 72hour) is placed inside the bagged space w/ the plants. (You're welcome to (and strongly encouraged to) purchase additional heat pack(s) for inside your packaging here: shopbraeheid.com/products/heatpack just add a note during checkout to open the heat pack for shipping)
- All flaps of the box are thoroughly sealed with packing tape or plastic to prevent draft.
- All box sides & bottom are lined with a single layer of bubble wrap.
- Shipments containing plants are only shipped on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE OFFER A 72 HOUR HEAT PACK FREE OF CHARGE. IF YOU SELECT A 10 DAY SHIPPING SERVICE THE HEAT PACK WILL NO LONGER BE WARM AFTER 3 DAYS. SELECT AN APPROPRIATE SHIPPING OPTION FOR YOUR LOCATION.
Is there a guarantee that my plants will arrive without any frost damage?
We are able to offer a 50% refund on frost damaged plants shipped to B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba.
We do not guarantee your plants will arrive un-damaged during winter months to any of the remaining provinces and territories within the time frame specified by Canada Post, we strongly recommend you choose an appropriate shipping option and heat pack add-ons. We do not offer refunds, in-store credits or returns on frost damaged plants from November - April to shipments in Ontario Eastward or to the Northern Territories.
Please ship live plants at your own risk.
Shop Shipping accessories here: